Giles Free Speech Zone

The purpose of the "Giles Free Speech Zone" is to identify problems of concern to the people of Giles County, to discuss them in a gentlemanly and civil manner, while referring to the facts and giving evidence to back up whatever claims are made, making logical arguments that avoid any use of fallacy, and, hopefully, to come together in agreement, and find a positive solution to the problem at hand. Help make a difference! Email "mcpeters@usit.net" to suggest topics or make private comments.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Once Again... Please Pray For My Mother

She's back at Hillside ICU, in -- to my layman's eye -- very poor condition. I won't even bother to list all she's got wrong with her; it doesn't really matter. That's because, with prayer, all things are fixable. So, please take a moment and pray for my mom, Eleanor McPeters, and ask God to heal her of her present infirmities.

Thank you.

7 Comments:

Blogger B Smith said...

Done. Hope she gets better soon.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 11:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looked better this morning and pray she will recover quickly. Just another example of the power of prayer. Allen Barrett

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope she better soon-she's on our prayer list

Monday, August 13, 2007 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger J. Kendrick McPeters said...

Brad, Allen, and Anonymous:

I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, and I will keep everyone informed, regarding changes in my mother's condition. For now, she seems to be much better, perhaps because of the prayers you kind people made on her behalf. Once again, thanks!

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

done. donm

Monday, August 13, 2007 5:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kendrick
I read your above blog and am so sorry to hear that your mother passed away. I still have both of my parents so I cant tell you I know how you feel but my prayers are with you and your siblings. Take care and remember GOD is always with you.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never commented on this blog but I just want to say that I went to school with Kendrick. He is older than I am but I remember him. What I remember is he was one of the smart kids. He didnt bother anyone and kind of kept to himself. He was never ugly to anyone and if I'm not mistaken got teased somewhat for being "different". I know he had friends b/c they would be together at school so he wasnt really a loner. He wasnt a bad different just the kind where he stayed to himself or with his unit of friends, did his work, minded his own business, that sort of different and unfortunately that got him teased. I always felt so sorry for him because he has as much right to be himself as anyone else does then or now. When I found out about this blog, I was personaly glad he had come out of his quiet shell. He's not a bad person from what I've ever seen and I admire him for standing up for what he believes is right. He's been the underdog so he knows how it feels. He stands for something.The right of free speech. My parents have always told me "What you do today, you'll
have to sleep with tonight and if you belive in something with all your heart,go down fighting for what you believe in. Other folks dont have to agree with you but they will respect you for making a stand. Say your prayers every day, keep your name clean and you'll always have something to be proud of". I think that's all Kendrick is trying to do And if that makes him anything but a person of his convictions then so be it.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home