Giles Free Speech Zone

The purpose of the "Giles Free Speech Zone" is to identify problems of concern to the people of Giles County, to discuss them in a gentlemanly and civil manner, while referring to the facts and giving evidence to back up whatever claims are made, making logical arguments that avoid any use of fallacy, and, hopefully, to come together in agreement, and find a positive solution to the problem at hand. Help make a difference! Email "mcpeters@usit.net" to suggest topics or make private comments.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Notes From the Blogmaster

If it seemed to you as though I haven’t been around the last couple of days, you are right. Not entirely by choice, though. As you may recall, I recently upgraded from dial up to DSL. In general this has been very positive, except for one small annoyance-- when I was on dial up, I had an autodialer to connect for me. If the first attempt failed, it would wait for a few seconds, and then try again. As currently configured, I don’t have anything like this to go with my DSL modem. Instead, I’ve got a web page "configurator" and I have to manually click on a button, and then stand by patiently while waiting for it to connect. I’ve never timed the whole cycle, but it is painfully slow. And that’s not even the problem! The problem is, it generally takes many, many attempts, before a proper connection is made. Thus, I get stuck sitting in front of a computer that does pretty much nothing, sometimes for an hour or longer.

And so, for the last two days, I have been on an "internet vacation." I got so tired of waiting for the connection gods to smile on me, that I just said "to heck with this, I’ve got other things to do with my time anyway." Today, however, I was able to get connected reasonably quickly, so, here I am. Please bear with me, as I try and get caught up with all the stuff that went on while I was "on vacation."

But, first, I’d like to really say THANK YOU to the person or persons responsible for the terrific ad in last week’s Giles Free Press. I’m talking about the one that said "read the blog that WKSR fears" -- or words to that effect. That was an awesomely great ad-- it had a very effective message, and (best of all) it didn’t cost me a penny. Thanks, to the mystery man (or men) who wrote and paid for it.

9 Comments:

Blogger J. Kendrick McPeters said...

Well, today I just spent about four hours posting sixteen comments, mostly about zoning.

Tomorrow, I'm going to put up all the reader suggested topics, and catch up on my email.

Then, the next day, I'll get back to answering my pro-zoning critics.

Many thanks in advance for your patience....

Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger J. Kendrick McPeters said...

I am getting somewhat sick and tired of certain material popping up over and over again on this blog, and am therefore setting a new policy: (drum roll)

Any posting that uses the words "anal buffoon" will be immediately deleted. Enough is enough, already... the election is a week past, and it's time to simply let go of that ever so fascinating phrase, "anal buffoon."

Secondly, I am sick and tired of pro-zoners invoking the "threat" of a garbage dump to justify zoning. Hell-oooo? Anyone ever hear of the Jackson Law? Anyone? Well it gives the County Commission the power to veto garbage dumps, and it's already been adopted in Giles County. So anyone else who mentions garbage dumps, will find their posting deleted. I've been over this many times, and it simply borders on dishonesty for the pro-zoners to keep flogging the very dead horse of garbage dumps. Okay? So, stop doing it... or else!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garbage dumps are just one of many things people do not want in their neighborhoods. How about that "blend into society" home for wayward perverts or convicts? Oh, but you would claim we would feel "too good" to live near them...which misses the point completely.
So the anti-zoners may call us any many of names and.....uh....we cannot remind them that? Sounds a bit one-sided and biased, wouldn't you think? What about free speech?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or else? And you talk about threats? Ok, you win. I will no longer post comments on this "free speech" blog.
Someone mentioned dangerous minds. Perhaps we who would disagree with you should take heed. I won't be back.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Blogger J. Kendrick McPeters said...

Or else?

Or else, I'll edit your posting to remove the stoop-id mention of "garbage dumps" and replace it with [TCA 68-211-701 JACKSON LAW].

So, pro-zoners, flog the dead horse of dumps all you want, and I'll simply direct the reader toward the simple, unvarnished truth. Is that enough free speech for you?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't mention anal buffoons and garbage dumps on this site? free speech?

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about pinheads and rendering plants?

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger J. Kendrick McPeters said...

Anonymous asked:

How about pinheads and rendering plants?

They're fine. "Pinheads" hasn't been flogged into the ground like you know what, and, to my knowledge, there's no state law like the Jackson Law to cover rendering plants. So, feel free to use "rendering plants" as one of the boogiemen we face, without zoning. And thanks for asking, btw!

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget.......halfway houses for released murderers and "blend into society" homes for perverts! How about an adult bookstore/massage parlor coming to a neighborhood near you?
I'm thankful pinheads and rendering plants fall withion the realm of "free speech."

Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home