Giles Free Speech Zone

The purpose of the "Giles Free Speech Zone" is to identify problems of concern to the people of Giles County, to discuss them in a gentlemanly and civil manner, while referring to the facts and giving evidence to back up whatever claims are made, making logical arguments that avoid any use of fallacy, and, hopefully, to come together in agreement, and find a positive solution to the problem at hand. Help make a difference! Email "mcpeters@usit.net" to suggest topics or make private comments.

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Couple of Announcements

First of all, I'm postponing publishing the tally of questionnaire returns until this Friday. I'm still getting these things mailed back to me, and I hate to cut off anyone who wants to participate in my survey. But early voting starts on Friday, so that should be a firm deadline.

Secondly, I have an awful lot of work to do over the next few days. Some of it involves stuff that I need to write and post to the blog (stuff about zoning, mainly). In order to get this work done, I'm going to take a day off from replying to comments addressed to me. Don't anyone take it personally, but I really need some time to myself.

Finally, I'd like to announce that money is being raised for a full page ad to be run in Tuesday week's Citizen. This ad will mainly be devoted to telling who's been naughty and who's been nice on the Commission, but it will also include a small blurb pointing people to this blog.

Want to donate money to help pay for this monstrously expensive ad? Email me, mcpeters@usit.net, and I'll get you in touch with the fundraiser. And on a related note, I'm going to try running this in the classifieds:

Read the blog "they"
don't want you to see:
www.snipurl.com/sbla

Anyone who wants to help pay for this (if the management of the paper will even run it, which I am unsure of at the moment), feel free to contact me and we'll work something out. Want credit for your support? I'll gladly give it... or you can donate anonymously.

That's all for now. I'm getting back to work... see you in about 24 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home