Giles Free Speech Zone

The purpose of the "Giles Free Speech Zone" is to identify problems of concern to the people of Giles County, to discuss them in a gentlemanly and civil manner, while referring to the facts and giving evidence to back up whatever claims are made, making logical arguments that avoid any use of fallacy, and, hopefully, to come together in agreement, and find a positive solution to the problem at hand. Help make a difference! Email "mcpeters@usit.net" to suggest topics or make private comments.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

E-mail topic: Gasoline Price Gouging???

HP Fuel opened up (on the corner of W. College & Hwy 11) and started selling fuel at $2.61 per gallon when all the other stations were selling at $2.75 or more. The others dropped their prices to about $2.62. So if they can now sell gas 13 cents cheaper, weren't they gouging to begin with?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gas prices have always been higher in pulaski, than other places.. Before the big jump in
prices you could buy it cheaper in surrounding counties. Maybe they will get some competion from the new company. (but don't bet the farm on it).

whitt

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of the gas prices in Nashville went down to around $2.60-$2.65 at the same time as they did in Pulaski. So I don't think it was the HP opening up that made the prices everywhere drop. Pulaski's prices usually follow Nashville's fairly close. (+/- $0.03)

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be glad you don't live in Fayetteville...I drive there every other day for work, their gas prices are about 10 cents per gallon more expensive, no matter what. They are getting ripped off...more so than we are. I know it is only ten cents per gallon, but tempers flare when you consider Exxon posting record profits...

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Walter,
Sorry I forgot to put my name on my previous anonymous posting. I don't work for a gas company.?. Not sure why you thought I did. I do work in Brentwood 3 days a week and live in Pulaski. So I fill up my truck sometimes 3 times per week either in Pulaski or Brentwood or somewhere in between. My comment above was just an observation that I filled up my tank the day before the HP opened for $2.62/gallon in Brentwood. And based on my personal knowledge, gas prices in Pulaski follow Nashville's/Brentwood's prices usually one day later. So my previous post was simply my way of stating that gas prices dropped all over middle TN and not just Pulaski at the time HP opened.
-Melissa Greene

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd almost bet Mrs. Vanzant, Mr. Jackson and select county commissioners are behind this attempt to gouge Giles Countians on gas prices. Has that particular investigation begun yet? I just want to stay up to speed about local deceptions and corruptions here.

Sunday, October 05, 2008 8:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home