Giles Free Speech Zone

The purpose of the "Giles Free Speech Zone" is to identify problems of concern to the people of Giles County, to discuss them in a gentlemanly and civil manner, while referring to the facts and giving evidence to back up whatever claims are made, making logical arguments that avoid any use of fallacy, and, hopefully, to come together in agreement, and find a positive solution to the problem at hand. Help make a difference! Email "mcpeters@usit.net" to suggest topics or make private comments.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Blogmaster Incompetence

I don't know exactly how I did it -- I was just fooling around at Blogger, and I accidentally clicked my mouse -- but I apparently have deleted an entire thread on this blog. Remember the discussion on people getting "probation on top of probation?" Well, it's gone now, vanished into the digital ether.

All I can say is, I'm sorry, and I'll try not to make the same mistake twice. Please forgive my incompetence!

And speaking of incompetence, I'm struggling to get my Earthlink DSL modem to work with my (non-Earthlink ) wireless networking system. I know, I know, I shoulda bought em both from Earthlink, but I didn't, and so now I'm having big problems. It's kind of a chicken and egg situation -- you can't install the router unless the DSL modem is working, and the DSL modem won't work unless the router is working. Arrgggh.

If any techie types out there can offer help, I'd be delighted to try out your suggestions. Either post your advice here, or email me (mcpeters@usit.net). My router is a Linksys WRT54G; my modem is ZyXEL 660R.

The rest of you -- the non techie types -- can either pray or wish me luck. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The solution to ending probation on top of probation is to build a very large prison in Giles County. One that will hold 25,000 to 50,000 people. This will create jobs in the county and give the Courts a place to put all these offenders.

Friday, June 30, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! I take it that this is a cost effective solution.

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home